Friday, October 30, 2009

Dressage and Weight loss

I Google 'dressage' and 'weight loss' together all the time. I guess I'm looking for inspiration from someone who has similar goals and challenges. I am nearly 50. Twelve years ago I gained 30 lbs in 1 year. Since then, I got married, had two children after 40, and gained another 30 lbs. As of a couple of months ago, I was 60 lbs overweight, size 16 (and 18 and sometimes 20, to be honest) and STILL riding my horses. Reading blogs, a fairly recent new hobby, has inspired me to try to make some changes and reach for some dreams I had previously given up on.

Three weeks ago I was down 16 lbs and fitting into my boots and breeches I hadn't worn in a couple of years. I've now gained back 6 lbs but have kept up with the fitness end of things. So, let's see how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. I will be here cheering you on.

    I want to loose the baby weight too!
    I am going to try and make that happen via the new Wii Active games.

    Happy Holidays/
    Helga
    PS- I taught her to crochet a hat that fits ;o)

    ReplyDelete